WATFORD FOOTBALL CLUB ENABLES - CONSTITUTION
1. Name: The group shall be called Watford Football Club Enables (hereinafter known as WFCE)
2. Definitions: The following abbreviations/phrases may be used:
WFC - Watford Football Club Limited
WFCE - Watford Football Club Enables
3. Aims and Objectives: The aims and objectives of WFCE shall be:-
3.1.To provide a social forum at WFC for supporters with disabilities along with their friends, families & carers
3.2.To improve inclusive facilities & services at WFC
3.3.To provide a two way communication system & consultative body between WFCE & WFC for mutual information, advice & support
3.4.To improve access to home & away fixtures (tickets & transport)
3.5.To reach & embrace other like minded organisations
3.6.To generate funding to benefit WFCE
3.7.To increase the supporter base of WFC
3.8.To work closely with officials & stewards associated with WFC & WFCE
The WFCE shall be managed by a committee of up to 14 people which will include a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, at least 1 representative of WFC, and up to 9 other committee members elected from the membership.
All officers shall be elected/re-elected annually at the AGM.
The Committee shall meet as and when required but at least twice a year which can include the AGM.
At least seven days notice in writing will be given of the place, time, date and agenda to every member of the Committee.
Quorum: Business of the Committee may be transacted by not less than four members (including one from WFC).
Voting: Every person represented on the Committee shall have one vote. In the case of equal voting, the Chairperson shall have a second, casting vote. The majority vote will always stand.
Chair: The Committee will elect a Chairperson who will hold office for twelve months. In the absence of the Chairperson the Vice Chairperson will take the Chair for the meeting. In the absence of the Vice Chairperson the Committee will elect a Chairperson from one of its members.
Minutes Secretary: The Committee will elect a Minutes Secretary who will hold office for twelve months. The Secretary will prepare the agendas and minutes of meetings. In the absence of the Minutes Secretary the Committee shall nominate one of its members to take minutes for the meeting and act accordingly.
Treasurer: The Committee will elect a treasurer who will hold office for twelve months. The Treasurer will manage the WFCE bank account, present financial reports to the Committee, and liaise with WFC for annual independent examination of the accounts.
Membership Officer: The Committee will elect a Membership Officer who will hold office for twelve months. The Membership Officer will undertake membership publicity and correspondence on behalf of the Committee.
Social Officer: The Committee will elect a Social Officer who will hold office for twelve months. The Social Officer will undertake social events on behalf of the Committee.
Fund-raising Officer: The Committee will elect a Fund-raising Officer who will hold office for twelve months. The Fund-raising Officer will undertake related activities, on behalf of and supported by the Committee.
6. Finance: The funds of the WFCE shall be kept at a bank approved by the Committee.
6.1 Cheque signatories: All cheques drawn on the WFCE account shall be signed by at least 2 authorised signatories.
6.2 Accounts: The accounts of the WFCE shall be examined annually by an Independent Examiner appointed by the Committee.
7. Membership: Membership of the organisation is open to WFC supporters with disabilities, their friends, families & carers. The membership fee shall be determined annually by the Committee.
8. Alteration of Rules: Rules changes may only be made or changed by the majority of members (including Committee Members) attending a General Meeting.
9. Dissolution Clause: In the event of a cessation of the WFCE, any surplus funding remaining shall be distributed to a local charitable organisation operating in the field of disability, sports, leisure or education, to ensure that the funds continue to be used for the principle objectives of the WFCE.
Signed by the Chairperson and a representative of WFC
2nd Amendment by AGM Resolution, 27/11/2018 Return to About Us